VPN for Kodi: Unblock all Addons for Flawless Streaming on your Devices (Updated 2019)
You must have heard the name Kodi if you are a streaming lover. This media player has become extremely popular because it is built by the community for the community and it is free and open source. It is one of the best solutions for streaming fanatics, but for their safety and more freedom they too need a good working VPN for Kodi.
So, here we are bringing you the best VPNs for Kodi which keeps you safe and gets you complete online freedom on Kodi.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is basically an open source media player or media center which helps users share the content around their homes. It would be surprising for some to know that Kodi has been available since 2002 as Xbox Media Player.
Then it became Xbox Media Center (XMBC) in 2003 and remained it till 2014. After that, the services was renamed as Kodi and became extremely popular among the streaming lovers around the globe.
So, as we mentioned earlier that it is an open source software media center, Kodi helps the users to get access to all kinds of streaming content like videos and music.
The best part is that users can run it on any device of their choice including TV, laptop, phone, tablet, firestick and others.
Also, Kodi also supports various third party add-ons that helps enhance the Kodi streaming experience. This is where the need of a VPN comes in mainly for safety and unblocking various channels.
Why do you need a VPN for Kodi?
So now that you know what Kodi is and what it is capable of, there are two major reasons why VPNs are essential for Kodi users. The first reason is to protect your privacy from ISP and other third-party entities.
Kodi is a free media center which makes all the major channels and streaming content available for users via third part independent add-ons.
Many content providers can send copyrights notices through ISPs monitoring to the users for which it is important for users to use VPNs and encrypt all their Kodi data.
The second reason is to enhance your Kodi experience by unblocking various channels which are available on Kodi but are geographically restricted to only a few countries.
The Best VPNs for Kodi
In order to protect your privacy and get around geo restrictions to access any content you on Kodi, you need the best VPN for Kodi.
The VPN for Kodi should be compatible with most of the devices, should have a strict no logs policy and should also help unblock all the channels in any location of the world.
With all these, the speed of the VPN should also be impressive to make sure that the streaming experience is not ruined.
So, on these basis, the following are our picks as the best Kodi VPNs which can help you protect you and give you an exceptional Kodi experience without borders.
- Private Internet Access
ExpressVPN is one of the best all-around VPN services which keeps the users covered for all the major purposes of using a VPN. It is among the best VPN services for Kodi because of various reasons.
The first major reason is that ExpressVPN is exceptional when it comes to go around geographic restrictions. It is one of the handful of services which can unblock US Netflix which shows that how powerful it is when it comes to unblocking.
In addition, ExpressVPN works like charm on all the major devices and platforms on which Kodi is used.
It means that no matter which devices users prefer to use Kodi on, ExpressVPN can protect them on these devices without any trouble whatsoever.
With that, we all know that the speed of ExpressVPN is exceptionally brilliant so there is low to no chance of buffering running the streaming experience on Kodi.
NordVPN is another great VPN for Kodi which helps users get around blocked channels without any hassle at all.
It works brilliantly well on various devices and Kodi add-ons so the users can access any channels via any add-on with completely privacy and freedom.
NordVPN is compatible with most of the devices on which users prefer to use Kodi. The good thing is you can use NordVPN free trial for 7 days.
With decent speed and reliable connection, NordVPN is quite popular among various Kodi users. With compatibility with most of the devices, a vast range of VPN servers, and solid encryption, NordVPN has made its way among the best VPNs for Kodi available in the market right now.
IPVanish is another strong contender to be the best VPN for Kodi mainly because of its superb compatibility with Kodi devices. It is a preferable VPN for android based Kodi devices as IPVanish works really well on Android platform.
Also, IPVanish too is pretty amazing when it comes to access geo blocked content or channels on the internet, but it cannot unblock all the blocked channels even though it has a good network of servers around the world with decent speeds.
VyprVPN is used by many Kodi users for security purposes mainly because of its exclusive Chameleon protocol for exceptional security and privacy. It too supports various devices via manual configurations and helps users use it on the device of their choice.
Although it is great for the privacy of users, it lacks in the unblocking powers. VyprVPN can get you access to many geo restricted channels on Kodi, but not all of them.
Still the speed and overall performance of VyprVPN makes it a good choice for Kodi users looking for a VPN.
The last ion our list is insanely popular Private Internet Access (PIA) which is really very affordable and literally keeps no logs whatsoever. It has proved to be a great service that puts users’ privacy above all.
PIA works well with Kodi devices and also has a great range of servers which helps users access various channels via third party add-ons. PIA is recommended on real debrid website as well.
However, the unblocking powers of Private Internet Access are also not the best as there are a few channels or sites which are beyond PIA’s unblocking powers.
Still, the cost and the service it gives makes it a decent choice for Kodi users. It certainly is a considerable one among the best VPN for Kodi.
How to Setup VPN for Kodi on Various Devices
Below we are providing various Kodi VPN setup guides for commonly used devices. All you have to do is to follow the instructions for your preferred device and you will easily be able to setup Kodi VPN.
Setup vpn for Kodi via VPN Manager for OpenVPN
- First, download and install OpenVPN GUI software
- Also download the executable OpenVPN files from your chosen VPN provider’s site
- Now download Zomboided Repository from GitHub
- Open Kodi and go to Add-ons
- Go to ‘Add-on browser’ icon located at the top left corner
Now, click on Install from zip file and navigate to the location of Zomboided Repository zip files which you downloaded earlier
- When the add-on is added, you will see a notification on the top right corner
- Then go to Install from repository and then select Zomboided Add-on Repository, followed by Services and then VPN Manager for OpenVPN
- Now install the add-on and wait for the notification and then open the add-on
- Now, go to Add-on Settings and under the VPN Configuration choose your VPN provider
- Input your VPN credentials and choose your desired server to connect
- You can add various VPN connections by putting more servers (max. 10)
- Click OK and you’re done
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Firestick /Fire TV
First you need to install Kodi on your Firestick or Fire TV and then follow the instructions below to setup Kodi VPN.
- First, open Settings, followed by System, then Developer Options and Turn ON ADB Bugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now come back to the Home Screen and go to Apps option
- Scroll down to select Collections and then click on New Releases and Updates
- Then look for the free app named ‘Downloader’ and download it
- Open the app and click on Browser option located in the left-side menu
- Change the address to your provider’s web address and get the VPN subscription
- Then come back to Browser option and click on the three-line menu to open Apps option
- There you must click on Download and then on Install
- Once done, go to Home then Apps and Games and then to your VPN provider
- Login using your VPN credentials
- That’s it, you have setup Kodi VPN on your Amazon Firestick/TV
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Windows
- First, get your preferred VPN for Kodi if you haven’t already
- Now go to provider’s site and download the VPN client for Windows
- Install the software and sign in using your VPN credentials
- Now connect to your desired VPN location
- Open your browser and check your IP to make sure that your VPN is properly connected
- Now open Kodi and enjoy your favorite content
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Mac
- Firstly, get a Kodi VPN and download the app from provider’s site
- Install the app, open and login using your VPN credentials
- Now select your desired server location and connect VPN
- Check your IP to double check the VPN connection
- Now open Kodi and stream your favorite videos
How to Setup Kodi VPN on iOS Devices
- Get the VPN for Kodi and download the app from the store
- Now open the app and login using your VPN username and password
- Now select your desired server and connect VPN
- Open Kodi and enjoy your favorite content
How to Setup Kodi VPN on Android
- Get your desired vpn for kodi
- Download the VPN from Playstore
- Open the VPN app and login using your VPN credentials
- Select your desired VPN server and connect VPN
- Now open Kodi and stream your favorite content with complete freedom
Since Kodi is a super popular media center and many users around the globe prefer to stream on Kodi, the demand for the best VPN for Kodi is on the rise. We hope that our list helps you get the best Kodi VPN to enhance your experience and be fully secure on the web while enjoying your favorite content via Kodi.