How to Cancel NordVPN and Get a Refund in 2019
There are a lot of VPN providers that make it very hard for their subscribers to cancel their service. Not NordVPN though, they have made the process fairly easy, you can easily cancel NordVPN within a few minutes and also avail their 30-days money back guarantee hassle free.
I am not going to beat around the bush so let’s get to it.
How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription
- Go to NordVPN’s website.
- Click on the My Accounts tab on the top right
- When you are on the My Services page, you will notice three dots on the right in line of Private and secure Internet access (VPN).
- You will see the Cancel automatic payments text, click on it.
- This will pop-up a confirmation dialogue, click yes.
You are done, this will stop the automatic billing process but if you want to get a refund you will have to follow a different process.
How to Cancel NordVPN and Get a Refund
- Open and login to your NordVPN account
- Go to the Accounts page and click on Cancel automatic payments
- You will have to give a reason of your cancellation
- Click on Support at the bottom right corner
- You will be asked to choose from Email or Live Chat Support. I personally recommend Live chat.
- Ask the to refund and they will forward your request.
- You will get your refund in two business days
I have never heard NordVPN backing out of their promise if you haven’t violated their policies.
So if you haven’t done anything wrong you shouldn’t worry about not getting back. I am sure like every other user you have gone through their policies *sarcasm*. But I will still list them down to help you jog your memory.
What is NordVPN’s Refund Policy?
You will get 100% refund as long as you apply for refund in 30-days. That’s what 30-days money back guarantee is all about.
But you still need to meet a few conditions to get your money back.
- You didn’t get NordVPN from iTunes/App Store. If you have, you will have to contact iTunes/App Store support to get your refund.
- You didn’t buy NordVPN got from gift cards or prepaid cards. There is no way to get your refund if you did, so make sure you aren’t applying for a refund if you have bought it via gift cards
- You subscribed to NordVPN via resellers. NordVPN doesn’t give refunds if you subscribe to their service via resellers.
- You violated their terms of service. If you want your money back you will need to behave while using their service. You can go through their terms of service for better understanding. To give you gist of it, don’t do anything illegal or they will terminate your account without giving you a refund.
Final Words and NordVPN Alternative
NordVPN has a made a permanent mark in the VPN industry.
They have improved their services a lot and I won’t be wrong when I say that they have surpassed ExpressVPN.
But, to each their own. Maybe for you NordVPN didn’t fare well, maybe the speeds weren’t good enough for you or maybe you just didn’t find them to be the right fit for your needs.
Whatever the reason maybe, as someone who reviews and recommends VPN services, I would say that SurfShark is the best alternative to NordVPN.
If you have something to say then sound off in the comments below.